- Sign up here for urgent updates via city text, email, and phone alerts. Call 3-1-1 from within Chelsea (or 617-466-4209 outside the city) for assistance signing up for alerts.
- Stay informed by checking the latest updates from City Hall and Chelsea Public Schools at chelseama.gov/coronavirusupdates.
- Check the City of Chelsea Facebook page.
- If you have more questions about Covid-19, MGH has a Covid-19 hotline at 617-724-7000 for all questions.
Call for Volunteers
The Chelsea Pandemic Response Team is seeking volunteers. Your assistance will make a real difference in the lives of your neighbors!
The Chelsea Pandemic Response Team is a team of city staff, community leaders, and neighbors who have come together to help the people of Chelsea cope with the many impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The group has created smaller groups working in these areas:
· Financial Impacts
· Diversions and Fun Activities
· Wellness Neighbor Check-Ins
· Mental Health, Trauma and Substance
· Health Updates/Education
· Faith Communities
Non-Essential Business Closure
Learn more and sign up here.
Governor Baker has issued a new Emergency Order requiring that all businesses that do not provide “COVID -19 Essential Services” must close Tues. Mar. 24, 2020 at 12:00 Noon and not reopen until Noon on Tues. April 7, 2020.
The Order also limits gatherings in confined indoor or confined outdoor space to no more than 10 people. Although the Order does not prohibit persons from leaving their homes, it does strongly encourage that, while traveling from home and even in large, unenclosed open spaces exempt from the Order, persons maintain good social distancing practices of a six foot distance from other individuals.
See the Governor’s order here.
See the list of essential services here.