The Bulletin Board is your place to find classes, ongoing programs, job listings, local contests, scholarships, and other opportunities. Events (one time & unique happenings) are also posted on the calendar. You may submit a post to the bulletin board here.
Family Child Care Coordinator
Active – Regular full-time
Requisition ID: 1064
Recruit Providers and offer them guidance and support to ensure children receive developmentally appropriate early care and education in a safe and nurturing setting. Ensure that all aspects of the Provider Agreement are met and procedures are followed. Identify and coordinate Provider training needs as required.
- Recruit screen and recommend potential Family Child Care Providers for contracts with Nurtury’s Family Child Care Program.
- Perform intake and regular assessment of services plan with dated goals and objectives for all assigned customers (children and families). Assure service plans are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Provide or arrange for pre-service and in-service orientation training of assigned Family Child Care Providers.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate Family Child Care Providers for full compliance with all government and Nurtury regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and submit in a timely fashion written reports and records as required.
- Refer customers (children and parents) to appropriate resources in an effective and timely fashion.
- Supervise contracted Family Child Care Providers, volunteers, students, interns, and work placement personnel, as assigned.
- Coordinate placement of children in Family Child Care Provider’s homes.
- Identify and coordinate the training needs of assigned Providers.
- Perform developmental intake of new children and the updating of applicable information for enrolled children in according with state and Nurtury guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or related human service field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer experience working with MS Office, internet/e-mail
- Experience with measurement instruments like FDCRS & accreditation