Tracking Code830-048Job Description
Major responsibility is to oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events for teens. This position is responsible for the supervision of all full-time staff in the Teen Center, Music Clubhouse and Computer Clubhouse. In addition, this position is responsible for the supervision of Teen Center part-time staff and volunteers and the overall Teen budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with department staff, provide a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Teen Program, ensuring that teens have the opportunity to participate in activities representative of all BGCB core program areas: arts, education, leadership and life skills, sports, fitness and recreation, and technology. Programming may take the form of daily activities, projects, multi-week programs, and clubs. The Director will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Manage and oversee BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
- Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Coordinate program partners and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA”s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality.
- Orient, train and supervise department staff as assigned.
- Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a clean and safe program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor”s degree required, equivalent experience considered.
- Direct experience developing and delivering a wide variety of programming and support services for teens.
- Knowledge of trends in recreation activities, community service and leadership activities for teens.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Must be or become CPR/FA certified.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver”s license required.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **
Job LocationChelsea, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular