This is a highly visible, responsible staff position in the Office of Leased Housing. The Program
Representative reports directly to the Leased Housing Manager. The Representative is responsible for
case load of HCV, MRVP, and AHVP vouchers, from leasing up through recertification. All work is
reviewed by the Leased Housing Manager. The representative schedules inspections, prepares leases,
negotiates fair market rents and manages participant caseload. The representative identifies all landlord
and participant informalities and directs them to the appropriate Program Representative.
1. Assists participants in locating rental housing.
2. Prepares leases and agreements for all units.
3. Meets with participants and landlords, schedules meetings.
4. Determines contract rent for apartments.
5. Computes participant rent share.
6. Monitors lease enforcement.
7. Conducts annual rent recertification.
8. Participates in rent reasonableness test.
9. Mediates participants and landlords to appropriate agencies as necessary.
10. Determines annual rent increases.
11. Refers participants and landlords to appropriate agencies as necessary.
12. Performs inspections on an as needed basis.
13. Prepares monthly reports on activity.
14. Compile rent reasonable data
15. Performs other related duties as required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Strong math, writing and computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office. Knowledge of PHA-WEB
is preferred not required. Ability to work with numbers in an accurate manner. Good communication
(written and oral) skills, must be well-organized and accurate in making mathematical calculations and
data-entry, must be able to work well with persons of diverse backgrounds. Must exercise good
judgement in maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of CHA’s financial information. Good
organizational and office skills. A minimum of three years’ experience and High School diploma or GED
Starting Salary Range: $36,500 to $48,000 annually (Based on Experience). Full benefits package
which includes medical, dental, State retirement pension, sick, vacation, & travel reimbursement
Interested candidates may submit resumes by email at email@example.com, (subject line
PR1219) or mail (address below) by December 19, 2019 or until position is filled
The Chelsea Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Chelsea Housing Authority
54 Locke Street
Chelsea, MA 02150