CHELSEA HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Property Manager is a highly visible and responsible position which reports to the Director of Operations. The
Manager will be available on site to provide the level of services required for the day-to-day management of the public
housing development. The Property Manager enforces the terms of the leases and monitors compliance. The Manager
is the direct link between management and the residents.
The Manager identifies maintenance problems which s/he reports to the Director of Maintenance and vacancies which
s/he reports to Occupancy Coordinator. The Manager also works with the Occupancy Coordinator on transfer and
placement issues. The Manager conducts move-in inspections. All extraordinary issues, problems etc. that cannot be
rectified under the Manager’s purview are referred to the Director of Operations.
1. Applicant will perform lease up orientations, unit, and grounds tour.
2. Interpretation of lease, lease provisions enforcement.
3. Instruct resident in rental payment and collection procedures.
4. As required conducts annual recertifications and new rent calculations.
5. Follows through with CHA policies and guidelines for rent collection including non-payment and for cause
6. First line for negotiations and resolution of resident disputes.
7. Make appropriate referrals to Supportive Services Manager.
8. Liaison to resident organizations, maintains a strong working relationship with resident council.
9. Regularly inspects and monitors the building for upkeep and maintenance.
10. Completes and monitors reporting requirements for local, state and federal agencies.
11. Maintains complete and orderly resident files.
12. Coordinates pest control treatments.
13. Monthly reports vacancies, recertifications, maintenance problems, resident accounts receivable cause
conferences and other data required by the Director of Operations.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented and can function in a
multilingual/multicultural environment, must be well-organized and accurate in data-entry. Applicant must also exercise
ethical judgment in maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information. Arithmetic and computer skills
including, but not limited to, MS Office are required. Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
Public housing or other subsidized housing management experience or recent related experience helpful. Public Housing
Manager (PHM) certification preferred but not required. A 4-year college degree is preferred or can be replaced by a
minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience. A knowledge of Massachusetts housing law helpful. Valid driver’s
license and daily access to a vehicle.
Salary Range: 48,000 to 67,500 (Starting Salary Based on experience)
Benefits package: Medical, Dental, Long Term disability, Life Insurance, State Pension Program, Sick & Vacation,
Interested candidates may submit resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line PM2020, or by mail
to Attn: Human Resource, Subject Line: PM2020, 54 Locke Street Chelsea, MA 02150. Preference will be given to
resumes submitted by July 16, 2020 but will remain open until position is filled.
The Chelsea Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.