The Children’s Behavioral Health Advisory Council, with the help of the Children’s Mental Health Campaign, are conducting Listening Sessions to understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on access to mental health services for children and families in the Massachusetts communities most impacted by the pandemic. They are looking to hear from voices that reflect the experiences of youth under the age of 22. This is an important opportunity for families to share their experiences with Massachusetts policy makers around access to mental/ behavioral health care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Real-time interpretation services will be available at all parents/caregiver sessions.
Parent and Caregiver Virtual Listening Sessions will be held on
- Monday, February 28 from 7:00-9:00 pm
○ Interpretation services in Spanish and Arabic
- Friday, March 18 from 9:00-11:00 am
○ Interpretation services in Spanish, Portuguese and American Sign Language (ASL)
- Saturday, March 19 from 10:00-12:00 pm
○ Interpretation services in Spanish and Haitian Creole
The Spanish language Virtual Listening Session is on
- Wednesday, March 2 from 7:00-9:00pm
The Youth Virtual Listening Session is on
- Wednesday, March 16, 2022 4:30pm – 6:30pm
○ Interpretation services in American Sign Language
Please follow the link below to visit the project website to learn more and access marketing materials in 5 languages (also attached). There is also a social media toolkit for anyone to use to promote these listening sessions.
Project Website: https://www.childrensmentalhealthcampaign.org/childrens-behavioral-health-covid-19-study/
Social Media Toolkit: COVID Study Listening Session Social Media Toolkit
If you have any questions about these efforts, please email Alexia Edwards (Alexia.Edwards@childrens.harvard.edu).
We value your work and partnership, and hope this opportunity can be valuable for the families you serve.