RESOURCES FOR CHELSEA RESIDENTS: COMMUNITY MEETING PANEL DISCUSSION
- If you are having trouble with rent, food, or other basic needs because of the impact of the coronavirus please call 311 or 617-466-4209. Click for more info: https://www.chelseama.gov/coronavirusupdates/residentinformation
- For residents over 60+ years old who need food or medications delivered, please contact the Chelsea Senior Center at 617-466-4370 https://www.chelseama.gov/elder-services
- Worried about Rent or Eviction?
Unable to pay your rent this month due to loss of wages? Don’t panic – your landlord should NOT try to evict you! It is the City’s goal to prevent evictions from happening in this crisis. The message below is from the City Manager, but it is NOT legal advice. This is best practice advice from a City trying its best to manage in an unprecedented public health crisis.
If anyone is being threatened with physically being removed from their apartment at this time, CALL THE CHELSEA POLICE. In most cases, the Landlord will be engaged in an illegal eviction, and the Police will be able to immediately stop it. https://www.chelseama.gov/coronavirusupdates/residentinformation
- One Chelsea Fund: ALL Chelsea families will be eligible for a $250 cash benefit directly from the funds raised through The One Chelsea Fund.
- Please consider donating to The One Chelsea Fund through the United Way. Any and ALL funds raised will go directly to Chelsea families impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. None of the dollars raised will go to any organization and NO Fees will be incurred.
- CPS School Food Program: Your children do NOT have to be present! A parent can pick up and request the number of breakfast and lunches they need to feed all children in the family. Find the times and locations here.
- Support from School Social Workers available during School Closure
Chelsea Public Schools is committed to supporting our students and families. Students who would like to speak with a school Social Worker can now do so by emailing email@example.com.
Durante este tiempo de cierre de la escuela, estamos comprometidos a proporcionar apoyo social y emocionante a nuestros estudiantes y familias. Los estudianties que desean hablar con un trabajador social de la escuela pueden enviar un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CPS students who still need a Chromebook computer to complete schoolwork at home or for technical help: https://www.chelseaschools.com/Page/2617
- An excellent video on Public Charge. A Spanish version is also being created. Lauren Sampson / Lawyers for Civil Rights: https://www.facebook.com/LawyersForCivilRights/videos/244702350043661/
***You can also call the Public Charge Hotline at 617-988-0609 and speak to a lawyer at no cost!
- What happens if I get sick? Guidance if parents or caregivers get COVID19 to help plan for who will take care of your children
Emergency Family Planning Guide in Spanish https://www.masslegalservices.org/system/files/library/Plan%20de%20Preparacion%20Familiar%20Nov%202017.pdf
Emergency Family Planning Guide in English https://www.masslegalhelp.org/immigration/planning-for-family-emergency-packet.pdf
- MGH Clay Center Talking to Kids and Teens about the virus: https://www.mghclaycenter.org/hot-topics/7-ways-to-support-kids-and-teens-through-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
- Spanish version of above: https://www.mghclaycenter.org/hot-topics/7-maneras-de-apoyar-a-ninos-y-adolescentes-durante-la-pandemia-del-coronavirus/
- Clay Center video of above article https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y81pZO7gaq0&feature=youtu.be
- A comprehensive and accessible guide from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network that includes information on family preparedness during the COVID-19 pandemic, age-specific reactions to stress that children might experience, and recommendations on how to help children cope with anxiety and fear
- Resources for parents for self-care when home with children and for managing our own emotions in times of stress
If you are a parent and need help dealing with stress or anxiety, you are not alone! There is a helpline for you: SAMSHA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUS 667466 https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline